Thursday 8 November 2012

About me.

About me.

So this is my first post! I am new to blogging and not a natural writer and not very computer friendly! but ignoring all that i decided to start this blog so i can talk and show about what i do and things i love. So please stay with me whilst i get to grips with it all and hopefully in a few months..years ill get it right! I do hope that you will enjoy the posts i do along the way, i am already excited about many ideas i have stored up.

A little bit about me...

A hair stylist. a mother of two girls. a dreamer and a lover of old and pretty things.

I spent the first 15 years of my career working for Toni&Guy, I managed the flagship store in Manchester for 6 years until i decided to leave to continue cutting/styling at home so I could look after my lovely girls at home.

I started Kojo&Lee in February 2011. The original idea was start an online boutique for vintage clothes, I picked out vintages pieces and put together outfits to sell. I loved it. The camera work , the make-up, hair and everything was done by myself. This was a challenge as I have very high expectations and I hadn't done it before on my own but i loved every step of it!

In the meantime my hairdressing side became very busy and so i decided to put the online boutique for vintage on hold so I could concentrate on cutting hair. In April 2012 I started working from the upstairs room of the 'Great Gatsby' bar on division st. Sheffield in the daytime and I continue to work from home in the evenings.
I was keen to create a relaxed haircut experience (not like a normal salon) I kept it simple with a chair a mirror and my 1950's cabinet and my Dansette record player. Its just me so its just perfect. 

                         
                     So for now 'Kojo&Lee' is me and my hair dressing where ever I may be.

                                                     My logo designed by Daniel Potter.
       My favorite shoot that I've done to date with my dear friend Anna Potter of Swallows&Damsons.


                                     Photoshoots for my online boutique for vintage outfits.
                                  One of my first ever photo shoots from the Toni&Guy years.



Thanks for taking the time to read this , please feel free to find me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for lots more lovely pictures but for now with love ... bye xo






No comments:

Post a Comment